The Features You Should Look for with Smart Security Technology
High-end homes in the Honolulu area are often the target of break-ins, making a smart home security system
an excellent investment. But deciding on which features you would like in your security system can be difficult. With so many factors to consider, you may find yourself getting overwhelmed.
Below, we cover the top features that will take your security system to the next level, giving you the confidence that you’ve chosen a robust and user-friendly system that will protect your home and family.
SEE ALSO: Make Your Home Energy Efficient With These 3 Smart Upgrades
A traditional security system might include little more than an alarm that trips when a window or door is broken, but smart technology enables security to go far beyond that. Within a smart home, all of the following features can be combined into one easy-to-use system you can control at the touch of a button.
- Door Sensors: Beyond the front door (but certainly including that too), door sensors can keep track of whether any door on your property is open or closed. These sensors can be installed on medicine cabinets, wine cellar doors, and more.
- Motion Sensors: Install motion sensors that identify if any unauthorized movement happens in key areas of your property, such as a person moving around in your backyard in the middle of the night.
- Smoke/Heat Sensors: Get notified immediately if there is a health or fire hazard on your property. With a home monitoring service, the smoke and heat sensors can automatically contact emergency services to get assistance to your property as soon as possible.
- Garage Door Sensors: Ever wondered if you left the garage door open? Simply pull out your smartphone and check the status of the sensor!
- Water/Flood Sensors: Protect your property from flooding with water sensors that notify you as soon as water is detected somewhere it shouldn’t be.
- Surveillance Cameras: Real-time, high-resolution cameras are installed around your property, giving you instant access to the camera views via a smartphone or tablet.
- Smart Door Locks: Remotely lock or unlock doors throughout your property via your smartphone, allowing you to let someone into your home without you having to greet them at the front door.
- Gate Interface Systems: The same cameras and door locks that protect your home can be extended to a gatehouse. Using a video intercom, you can converse with whoever is at the gate and remotely give them access, if you so choose.
- Alarm System: Last but not least, your smart home security system can use a state-of-the-art alarm system to notify you of any issues however you see fit – audible alarm, flashing lights, notifications on the television screens, text message notifications, phone calls, and more.
- Integration with Other Smart Technologies: Imagine having a security system that automatically lights up the pathway from the driveway to the front door whenever your front gate authorizes entry. Or how about a system that automatically locks all of the entryways on your property whenever you select a “Goodnight” smart scene that also turns out the lights, adjusts the thermostat, and powers down electronics? There’s no need to settle for just security or just lighting control or multi-room music. With smart home automation, you can have one system that does it all.
Don’t be afraid to go beyond the basics with smart home security. Today’s technologies are not only assisting in keeping Hawaii properties secure – they’re also assisting in making daily life more comfortable, convenient, and luxurious.
If you would like to learn more about which smart home security system features would make sense for your property, please contact us by calling 808-386-5963 or filling out this quick inquiry form