Whether you’re headed out on vacation or you’re just around the corner getting some chores done, you never want to leave your home unprotected. That’s why many Honolulu, HI homeowners consider investing in a smart home security system. But for some, the time and expense of installation seems like too much to be worthwhile. On the contrary! Smart security is an investment that keeps on giving. In this blog, we’ll show you why installing integrated security features is one of the best choices you can make for your property. Read on for more.
See Also: 3 Things to Look for in a Smart Home Company
Smarter Family Protection
If there’s one obvious reason to invest in smart security features, it’s that you can protect your family and property with ease. Whether you want to keep an eye on things or know who is coming and going from your home at all times, you can do it simply, quickly and without hassle. Here are a few of the most common security upgrades:
- Surveillance Cameras: Unlike the big, clunky gray boxes you see at the bank, modern surveillance cameras can look discreet so they don’t ruin your home’s aesthetic. Offering 4K resolution, 360-degree viewing angles and modern software like facial recognition, keeping an eye on your property has never been easier.
- Alarm Systems: If someone tries to break in, there are few better deterrents than an alarm system. Not only will it blast a loud sound, alerting the whole neighborhood, but it can also automatically contact the appropriate authorities.
- Smart Locks: Ensure each door is locked with the touch of a button. Smart locks offer unique authorized-access capabilities so you’ll know who is entering or leaving your home at any time.
If you think home security is all about keeping bad guys out, you could be sorely mistaken. Most property damage is caused by environmental factors, like weather, water pipe leakage or fire. Here’s a few smart solutions:
- Smoke and Carbon Detectors: One of the most common issues homeowners face is the potential for fire. Smoke detectors can alert you before anything serious happens so you can get to a safe place, and they can also notify the fire department if necessary. Carbon is potentially even more dangerous, because you won’t know when it’s around. A carbon detector can alert you and activate an integrated HVAC system to flush out harmful gasses.
- Flood and Leak Detectors: A leaking pipe is no laughing matter. It can lead to serious repair costs. Stay in-the-know with real time alerts that monitor the moisture in a given space, so you can head off any potential damage.
If you’re of the mind that the installation of these devices could end up costing you more than they’re worth, you may want to consider that smart security can help lower insurance costs as well. By ensuring the safety of your property, you can get more back in the long run.
Are you ready to enjoy a smarter, safer property with a smart home security system? Contact Pacific Audio and Communications today!