How Smart Home Automation Helps Sell HomesHonolulu has a very hot real estate market. Whether you’re selling new homes or previously owned properties, it’s always a good idea to explore new ways to appeal to home buyers. And the trend that is hitting it big in Hawaii is definitely smart home automation. Historically, smart home technology has been limited to custom installations by individual homeowners, but real estate companies are starting to realize the advantages of upgrading homes with automation in order to sell properties fast for top dollar.
3 Reasons to Invest in Smart Home Automation
1. It’s Growing More Popular (and It’s Here to Stay)According to a recent study by Houzz, almost half of homeowners prioritize adding smart technology when renovating homes. It’s clear that smart devices are part of everyday life, so why not make it easy for buyers by giving them the technology right from the start?
2. It Gives You an Edge on the CompetitionImagine how different the experience is for buyers when they walk into a fully automated home. The windows shades rise, the lights brighten, and the audio system starts playing music at the touch of a button or single spoken command.
When given the choice between that and a home without smart technology, it’s not difficult to guess which option is going to win.
3. It’s Easy to Get StartedYou don’t have to integrate all of this technology yourself. By partnering with Pacific Audio & Communications, you can gain all the benefits of having technology-infused homes without any of the time or effort. You do the real estate work, and leave the rest to us.
Possible Technologies to Add to Homes (and Their Top Selling Points)Once you decide to embrace the smart home automation movement, it’s time to explore the possibilities! There are a lot of smart technologies out there, but not all of them are an ideal fit for new home buyers.
Here are the options we recommend that real estate companies consider:
1. Lighting ControlWe can connect all of the lights throughout the home to one central management system. With this technology, you can adjust a single light, a certain area, or the entire home with one tap on your smartphone or tablet. It’s convenient, it can help keep energy bills low, and it’s great for enhancing a home’s décor.
SEE ALSO: Interior Designers’ New Best Friend: Home Lighting Control
2. Motorized ShadesMotorized shades give a “wow factor” to each room. With zero manual effort, the shades can raise or lower upon command. The biggest selling point for motorized shades is their energy-efficiency—we can add smart sensors to the windows that automatically adjust the shades to avoid solar heat gain, which keeps energy bills low.
3. Climate ControlThere’s a reason why Nest Learning Thermostats are so popular. Homeowners love how easy it is to set the temperature from their smartphone. We can go beyond just a smart thermostat though. Ask us about our full climate and energy management solutions.
4. Smart SecuritySecurity is usually top of mind for home buyers. Make it easy for them with an already integrated security solution that includes surveillance cameras, smart door locks, window sensors, and more.
5. Professional NetworkingThe last thing you want is to be showing a home and have the potential home buyers discover that they have no cell service or Wi-Fi access in certain areas. Ensure reliable coverage in every room with a professional networking installation. Cellular boosters and wireless access points are strategically placed throughout the home for top-notch performance.
Whether you’re in Honolulu, Kauai, or another area of Hawaii, Pacific Audio & Communications is your smart home automation expert. We work with builders, interior designers, real estate agents, homeowners, and more to develop high-quality, easy-to-use technology.
Contact us today for more information.