- Give Buyers What They Want
- Start with a Plan
- Trust the Automation Experts
The Demand for Commercial Automation is Rapidly Growing
Smart buildings are the big new trend, and construction firms are starting to take note. More and more businesses are seeking out builders who have experience in constructing commercial buildings with integrated automation systems. Is your construction firm ready for this shift in buyer need? Keep reading to learn about the benefits of integrating commercial automation and how your Oahu, HI construction company can get started.
Enhance Your Offerings
- Personalized Solutions: Today’s business owners don’t want cookie-cutter buildings. They want buildings that are perfectly tailored to their business image and needs. Automation technology offers an easy way to provide that customization while still keeping initial construction costs low.
- Everything in One Go: Builders often work with many different contractors, bringing in companies for A/V, security, lighting design, networking, etc. When you work with an automation company, you’re able to knock out many outsourced aspects of construction in one go. Everything from the digital phone systems to the business access control can be handled by the same skilled and experienced company.
How to Get Started with Commercial Automation
Partner with an Automation Company
Builders and architects don’t have to take on the task of automation on their own. When you partner with an established automation company, you can rest easy knowing that they have the skill and experience to weave the technology seamlessly into your building design.
- Collaborative Effort: The automation contractor will work with your construction company from start to finish, offering guidance on everything from the initial plan through to the final optimization of the audio video system or lights.
Start from the Beginning
A common mistake that builders make is waiting until construction is complete before they bring in someone to do the automation. However, many elements of automation design and implementation are best accomplished before the building is finished, such as:
- Pre-Wiring: Automation often requires different wiring than your typical commercial building would have, especially if the building needs to support a large number of high-definition televisions or have completely reliable wireless signals throughout. To keep the building design clean, it’s best to do the wiring before walls are closed up.
- Equipment Placement: If the building is going to have hidden equipment, such as Wi-Fi boosters or control panels, it’s best to start planning on where those devices will need to be installed early.
- Lighting Design: Placing and programming smart light fixtures and sensors is an art in and of itself. With the right lighting design, commercial buildings can promote a unique ambiance while also saving on energy costs. If the automation comes after construction is complete, the possibilities for specialized lighting design are significantly restricted.
Take the First Step
Is it time for your construction firm to embrace commercial automation? Pacific Audio and Communications works with builders throughout Hawaii to provide superior automation systems in both new construction and remodels. To learn more about starting a partnership with Pacific Audio and Communications, contact us today.