- Save Energy with Timers
- Harness Sunlight with Sensors
- Adjust Lighting Levels with Dimmers
Enhance Oahu Home Design with Smart Lighting
Any interior designer knows the importance of having proper lighting in each room to illuminate the artwork, décor, and other design elements throughout the space. However, not every designer knows about the versatility that comes from implementing a home lighting control
system in that space. We work with interior designers, architects, and homeowners throughout the Oahu, HI area to create a seamless lighting design that enhances the architecture and décor of the home.
To learn how you can use home lighting control technology to present home décor at its best, read on.
Timers ensure that the home’s décor is well lit with no extra effort for the homeowner.
- Perfect Timing: A home’s lights should be tailored to the lifestyle of the homeowner. Use timers to automatically turn lights on and off at the times that make sense for each room.
- Energy Savings: Timers save on energy costs by only lighting areas when they are needed.
- An Automatic Process: Homeowners don’t want to waste time walking into each room to turn the lights on during the day and then off again at night. Timers avoid that manual hassle.
Make the lighting throughout the home react intelligently to certain trigger events.
- Occupancy Sensors: Keeping spotlights lit up throughout the home can be wasteful, spending excessive amounts of energy when nobody is there to admire the artwork or sculpture being illuminated. Occupancy sensors solve this problem by turning on lights whenever someone enters the room, then automatically turns off the lights after everyone leaves.
- Daylight Sensors: A daylight sensor detects how much sunlight is entering the room. On sunny days when the room is well lit, the sensor can automatically cause the dimmers in the room to lower the amount of artificial light to keep the room from being washed out with brightness. As the sun starts setting, the lights will brighten to ensure the room always has just the right lighting levels.
Dimmers allow interior designers to set the perfect lighting levels throughout the day for each space and activity.
- Time of Day: Using dimmers and timers together, the lighting levels can adjust from morning to afternoon to evening.
- Room: For interior rooms without much sunlight, the dimmers will keep rooms bright, but in rooms with windows, the dimmers will adjust to save energy by harvesting natural light.
- Activity: Most rooms have multiple purposes, so the lighting designer can create “scenes” for each occasion that optimize the room’s lighting for that specific activity, such as enjoying a candlelit dinner or reading a book on the sofa.
These three home lighting control technologies are just the tip of the iceberg of how smart home automation can enhance interior design. Contact Pacific Audio and Communications
to learn more about our process for working with interior designers to optimize lighting in the Oahu area.